Tuesday, 5 July 2011

soooo cuuuuute

Oh dear, I am like every other parent in history: I think my baby is way cuter than the average baby. No wonder that Johnson's baby competition had like fifty thousand entries or whatever it was - EVERYone thinks their baby is the cutest. 

I see other babies and I'm like, yeah, you're a bit funny looking really, then I look at Conrad, with his round blue eyes and his big pink lips and his 1950s advertising executive hairstyle, and, for the 20th time that day my heart does a leap and I gasp, "Oh my god! You are SOOO cute!" and plant a series of kisses on those juicy cheeks, which all makes him writhe and wince in a way that portends the scorn he will deliver upon me in a dozen years' time whenever I attempt to do something really embarrassing, such as speak to him.

3 comments:

  1. god help you if you try to kiss him in public after he turns 10! Simon ducks out of my reach at the school gates. The good news is this is only for PDA's- at home he is still my (gigantic) baby who snuggles in to my side and loves a cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww but that's so cute! He's not so grown up yet. Also encouraging for me to think that I'll get a good 10 years of snuggles with Conrad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But he IS cuter than the average baby. No, really, he is. I'mnotbiasedatalleither.

    ReplyDelete