Two little progressions for Conrad this morning: usually, when I lie him on his stomach I have to put his hands out in front of him or he just lolls face down like he's doing some kind of infant planking, but today he brought his own arms out to hold up his body.
Then, once he had himself supported, I put a rather fetching plastic cow enticingly close to him, and he reached out for it. It's the first time he's ever done that while on his tummy, and it's the same kind of arm extension he would need to crawl! Wow! I thought, and in the next second looked around the room at all the electrical cables, exposed bars of the radiator, fragile objects, plant pots and Tom's camera equipment, and felt panic. PUT THOSE ARMS BACK UNDERNEATH YOU! I screamed. I WANT TO BONSAI MY BABY FOREVER!! No, I didn't say that, but the panic was real. It's time to go on hazard patrol.
No comments:
Post a Comment