Today marks three months of me being a mother, and only now is my daily existence moving from despair and panic into delight. My tiny newborn has grown and changed so much that I realise I must drink in each moment, for he will never be this age ever again. But I also must record some of the moments, because they pass so quickly that it will be hard to remember them. And so, this online diary, to capture the changes as they happen, both his changes and my own.
The entries will be short, when I have 10 minutes here and there, and possibly typed with one hand, for Conrad will be in the other. I shall have to not be precious about my writing, but just get down my observances, however they come. As I write this, I hear the familiar snorts of my baby waking up. I have about 30 seconds before he wails. And so it begins!
No comments:
Post a Comment